Friday, January 23, 2009

Beliefs of Excellence - part 1!

I have spent the last 4 weeks of my life in India and South Africa and many of the experiences I gained in these fabulous two countries have lead me to understand that it is our beliefs that create who we really are.

While I was in India I was overwhelmed by the people who live there and in particular their beliefs of life, who they were and what they stood for. Every day I went for a run (keeping my half marathon training going!) around the backwaters and passed hundreds of children playing by the water's edge. Every single one would stop me and want to run with me - many singing and dancing just celebrating life.

In the Western world these children would be classed as having absolutely nothing, hardly any clothes, few toys.

Yet these children believed they were in heaven, I was there for 14 days and every child I came across knew they were a gift from God. They were always smiling, always dancing and always playing. Not once did one of them moan or fight because they wanted what another child had. They just shone.

Why did these children truly live off the land and, with hardly a roof over their heads still feel blessed? It has to be their beliefs and for that matter the beliefs of their parents.

This convinces me that it isn't our cars, houses or offices, laptops or geographic territories that make us successful, it is our beliefs, our internal rules of how we choose to feel that make us who we are.

I will be talking much more about beliefs of excellence over coming weeks, but for now I am fortunate enough to be returning to India next week to speak at a conference - I am so thrilled to be going back, look forward to updating my blog about that next week as well.

Have a great weekend
Craig
craig@craiggoldblatt.com
www.craiggoldblatt.com

No comments:

Twitter Updates