Thursday, January 03, 2008

How to have a Happy New Year

I wholeheartedly believe that we need to focus on what we already have before we set ourselves goals to achieve more. I read an unbelievable statistic recently which said that 50 years ago 50% of British people stated they were happy, today, only one third would describe themselves that way - this despite wealth having tripled in that time frame. We are simply just not happier for our increase in wealth.



In my workshops I talk a lot about focussing on what is good in our lives - getting grateful as I call it . To start each day with a few minutes of reflection on what is good in our lives - our families, friends, good health etc is a truly positive way of motivating ourselves for the day ahead - far better than spending the same few minutes mulling over the dreaded phone calls we have to make that day! We can all think of times when we have had something bad happen - a job loss or illness - and we then become very grateful for what we do have. We need to maintain this gratitude by reflecting on it every day and make this process a way of life.



Tomorrow I will talk more about some of the tools I recommend in my workshops for improving your success at work and in other areas of your life.



If you would like further information about about my workshops please email me at craig@craiggoldblatt.com

For more detail about my work please visit us at: www.craiggoldblatt.com

No comments:

Twitter Updates